A Tradition of Leadership
Kappa Alum’s are leaders in many ways. Through the Eastern Shore Alumnae Association (ESAA), each member has the opportunity to practice the ten commitments of leadership (www.leadershipchallenge.com). They are:
- FIND your voice by clarifying your personal values.
- SET the example by aligning actions with shared values.
- ENVISION the future by imagining exciting and ennobling possibilities.
- ENLIST others in a common vision by appealing to shared aspirations.
- SEARCH for opportunities by seeking innovative ways to change, grow, and improve.
- EXPERIMENT and take risks by constantly generating small wins and learning from mistakes.
- FOSTER collaboration by promoting cooperative goals and building trust.
- STRENGTHEN others by sharing power and discretion.
- RECOGNIZE contributions by showing appreciation for individual excellence.
- CELEBRATE the values and victories by creating a spirit of community.
Association members have unlimited opportunities to practice each of these leadership qualities whether it’s through our philanthropy, Reading is Fundamental, or helping Kappa’s in need through Holiday Helper. But the best benefit of all may be sharing the bonds of friendship with each other. To learn more about ESAA, email firstname.lastname@example.org.