The Value Of Becoming a KC Kappa!
Membership into the Kansas City Alumnae Association of Kappa Kappa Gamma is an opportunity to connect with other area alumnae while giving back to the community. It’s never too late to get invovled!
Paying alumnae dues is a significant way of giving back to Kappa Kappa Gamma. We ask Kappa alumnae to pay association dues each year to be in “good standing” with the Fraternity.
You may ask, where do my dues go? Good question! A portion of these dues ($22 per member/per year) are submitted to the Fraternity Headquarters. The remaining portion of the dues collected stays within our local alumnae association. This money is used for a variety of things to keep the association alive such as hosting events, creating newsletters, making community donations, supporting local chapters and contributing to the Kappa Foundation.
Membership benefits include:
- Receive invitations to association events
- Eligible to serve as a board member or chair of the Greater Kansas City Alumnae Association
- Receive the Kappa Krier quarterly newsletter
- Gain access to the members-only portion of our site; including babysitters list, book club information, etc.
Paying your dues is as easy with either of these options:
1 - Pay online by filling out the on-line dues statement and submit instantly, with a link to pay via PayPal.
3 - Download and fill out the dues statement and pay by check (payable to KC Kappas Alumnae Association)
Regular dues are $45. If you would like to include a contribution to help defray association expenses with your dues, choose one of the categories listed (Key - $55; Golden Key - $75)
Our dues also enable us to:
- honor our 50, 65, and 75 year Kappas;
- send study treats to the five Active chapters we support;
- subsidize popular social activities like our September welcome meeting, our Holiday Tasting Party and our Winter Party;
- help to support a Kappa sister during the Holidays who might not otherwise have a Christmas; and
- help to provide scholarships to collegiate women.
Your membership dues work hard for Kappa in many ways and truly illuminate how Kappa is for a lifetime! Now that you know the many ways your membership dues are used, click here. Or, reach for your Krier, fill out your membership form and enclose your check, drop them in the mail and cross paying your dues off your to do list!